What should I do before I visit The Port Physiotherapy and Massage in Calgary?
- Keep a written record of significant medical history, prior treatments, current medications, and other vital information.
- Compile a list of symptoms and complaints that may be significant to the therapist.
- Make a list of the issues you would like to discuss on your initial appointment.
- Kindly contact our office to check your insurance coverage.
- Arrive 15 minutes early for your initial consultation.
- Bring a copy of your insurance card and picture identification with you.
What can you expect from my first visit?
- You will register with one of our courteous front desk staff members. They will assist you in navigating the insurance system and treatment program, allowing you to concentrate on your rehabilitation.
- For the initial evaluation, you will visit with one of our physical therapists.
- Your therapist will inquire about your medical records, present pain, and injuries throughout the evaluation. Open communication enables us to comprehend your issue.
- Your movement, strength, balance, and a variety of other abilities will be assessed. Our goal is to assist you, so please inform your counsellor if anything hurts or bothers you throughout the assessment.
- Your therapist will advise and design a treatment plan to ensure a rapid recovery and optimal results. The recommendations will be discussed with you by your therapist.
- On the first day, several therapies will be administered to get you begun on the road to recovery. However, you will start to feel the full effects of your treatment plan on your subsequent visit.
- You will make an appointment with the front desk to schedule your series of visits. The duration of therapy will be determined in consultation with you, based on your therapist’s recommendations. We offer various convenient appointment times; however, peak times might fill up quickly, so it is essential to book as far in advance as possible.
- Your therapist will compose a report summarizing their findings and therapy recommendations for submission to your referring physician or another medical expert of your choice.
- Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if you have any questions. We wish to ensure your complete recovery and pleasure.