How Can Physiotherapists Help You Stay Fit and Physically Active?
Physiotherapy may be utilized to enhance your health in several ways and a range of situations. Are you undergoing rehabilitation after an accident or surgical procedure? Are you suffering from a disorder that causes discomfort in your bones or joints? Whatever the situation, a physiotherapist can design a customized treatment plan for you that will help you regain your energy and go back to enjoying your regular activities. For more information on how physiotherapy may help you reach improved overall health and physical fitness, contact one of the top physiotherapists in Calgary.
The suggestions below are simple methods to start active and improve your physical health!
You may want to consider using physiotherapy if you are searching for natural methods to enhance your health.
There are novel pain management methods regularly developing via evidence-based research, and physiotherapy may thus be valuable in helping you recover from pain, increasing your mobility, and decreasing the long-term effect of illnesses like arthritis and other diseases.
Our Calgary physiotherapists spend long hours assisting people who are experiencing acute or chronic pain. Whether it’s a sprained ankle, torn muscle, back pain, or a more chronic issue, you may walk out of a session with a clear plan of action and doable exercises to alleviate pain in the short and long term. The following is a non-exhaustive list of the most common ailments for which physiotherapy is effective in treating and resolving:
- Muscle and joint pain
- Immobility and tightness
- Back pain
- Neck Pain
- Hip pain
- Shoulder pain
- Chest and rib pain
Keeping healthy involves avoiding possible harm. And what better approach to be healthy than to prevent damage altogether?
Regardless of fitness level, everyone may benefit from adopting more effective methods while exercising, working, or doing everyday tasks such as walking and standing upright. At Integrity Physiotherapy, we are committed to delivering expert guidance, exercises, and methods that will keep you performing at your best.
Because bones grow increasingly fragile as you age, there are health problems as well as age-related declines in balance. Improve your balance, so you don’t fall and prevent trips and other injuries that may be more severe. It may help you participate in and enjoy physically demanding things, which you might not be able to do in the past. A physiotherapist may give you many kinds of exercises to help you strengthen your balance whether you’re standing, walking, or exercising.
Also Read: Improve Your Life With Physiotherapy
What physiotherapists can do?
Physiotherapy is a critical component of any comprehensive approach to health treatment. Physiotherapists work with other health care professionals in acute care settings such as hospitals and rehabilitation centers, community, and government settings such as schools and health centers, and private practices such as sports clubs and fitness centers.
Physiotherapy can help assist in many different health conditions and settings, including:
- Surgical settings to expedite recovery and enhance healing after a variety of surgical procedures (including orthopedic, gastroenterological, and urological).
- Cardiothoracic disorders such as asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, and other cardiorespiratory disorders.
- Neurological disorders such as Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, brain and spinal cord injuries, cerebral palsy, and strokes; and
- Cures musculoskeletal injuries and conditions such as back and neck pain, headaches, sports injuries, arthritis, tendonitis, posture problems, disc bulges, and sciatica.
- Pregnancy: this includes the treatment of back and neck discomfort, abdominal muscle abnormalities, breast problems, prolapse and incontinence, and the treatment of respiratory and muscular weakness in preterm infants.
Many people think that physical therapists are the best source of training in this field. Elderly individuals who have assisted mobility devices like walkers and wheelchairs may be trained on how to utilize them to remain independent for longer.
People who wish to enhance their health may learn how to make good lifestyle changes and exercise more often from them. They can provide treatments to decrease the likelihood of many injuries, from participating in sports to poor posture. They take a holistic approach to health, keeping patients healthy by preventing and treating illnesses naturally.
There are many ways a physiotherapist can treat different physical conditions. They include:
- Hands-on, manual therapies include mild joint and spinal manipulation and mobilization, manual resistance training, balance training, massaging and soft tissue methods, physiotherapy equipment mobilization (PIM), and neurodynamic for neural stress and discomfort.
- Taping and strapping methods are implemented to avoid injuries and specialized kinesiology taping for pain control, lymphedema reduction, and dynamic support of weak and damaged muscles.
- Exercise programs include muscular strengthening and stretching, postural retraining, cardio stretching and training, and rehabilitation programs using key components of yoga and Pilates.
- TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation), laser surgery, diathermy, and ultrasound are examples of electrotherapy methods. These methods may aid in tissue and tissue repair, pain alleviation, inflammation reduction, blood flow enhancement, and scar reduction.
- Biomechanical analysis is made possible using observation and analytical skills to detect potential or past injury-causing factors—such as improper technique in sports or bad posture—and creating a treatment plan to address them.
Also Read: Understanding Physiotherapy: How it works and what all it can heal?
How does a physiotherapist aid healthy living?
In recent years, our physiotherapists have received widespread worldwide acclaim. They’ve pioneered novel and successful methods for diagnosing and treating various health problems and are highly admired for their ability to significantly enhance patients’ quality of life—even those with chronic injuries or progressing illnesses.
Physiotherapy methods are a very beneficial tool for promoting health. They are critical components of any holistic healthcare system since they may aid in the following:
• Increase strength and mobility.
• Decrease discomfort; and
• Eliminate dependence on medicine and surgery.
Physiotherapists use various methods comparable to those used by other health providers
(Such as chiropractors and osteopaths), and they may also collaborate with these experts to create comprehensive treatment regimens for complicated health problems. Whether you are on the health spectrum—recovering from an injury suffered while leading an active life or seeking assistance in changing a sedentary lifestyle—physiotherapy may help. There are many well-established methods and a flood of new technologies that may help you better function and reduce stress reduction, so now is an excellent time to visit a physio.
Whether it’s preventive physiotherapy, rehabilitation, or treatment to help you walk and enjoy everyday activities, a professional physiotherapist can assist you in reaching your physical fitness objectives. Following your assessment, your physiotherapist will develop a treatment plan tailored to your specific requirements, and they will support you along the way to physical health. Contact The Port Physiotherapy and Massage now to set up an appointment and begin your journey toward a better, happier life!
Physiotherapy may assist you in achieving a variety of health-related objectives while also reducing your risk of injury. Working with a physiotherapist is an excellent method to get instruction and strengthen your body via various exercises and techniques that help your entire health and well-being. Our physiotherapists are trained in joint manipulation and mobilization, therapy, rehabilitation, and even dry needling.
Also Read: 7 Tips To Consider Before Choosing A Physiotherapist In Calgary