How Can Massage Therapy Aid Stress Management?
Massage may be a very effective technique for empowering you to take control of your health and well-being. Determine if it is a good fit for you.
The massage was formerly exclusively provided at elite spas and fitness clubs. Massage treatment is now available in offices, clinics, hospitals, and even airports. If you’ve never experienced massage treatment, read about the potential health advantages massage therapy and what to anticipate during a session with the best massage therapists.
What is massage?
Massage is a broad phrase that encompasses the pressing, rubbing, and manipulating of the skin, muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Massage techniques range from gentle stroking to firm pressure. There are numerous varieties of massage, including the following:
- Traditional Swedish massage – This gentle technique incorporates long strokes, kneading, deep, circular movements, vibrating and tapping. It assists you in feeling both rested and energized.
- Intense massage – This massage technique targets the deeper levels of muscle and functional disorders with slower, more powerful strokes. It is frequently used to assist with muscular damage caused by injuries.
- Massage therapy for athletes – This is akin to Swedish massage, except that the best massage therapists will skew it towards athletes that help in preventing or treating injuries.
- Massage of trigger points – This massage targets tight muscle fibers that may develop in your muscles because of accidents or overuse.
What are the benefits of massage?
Massage is frequently included in integrative medicine. It is increasingly being used in conjunction with traditional medical therapy for various medical illnesses and circumstances.
Massage benefits can include:
- Reducing stress and boosting relaxation
- Reducing pain, stiffness, and tension in the muscles
- Improving circulation, energy, and alertness
- Lowering blood pressure and heart rate
A further study is required to establish the advantages of massage, but several studies are pointing that massage may also be beneficial for the following conditions:
- Digestive problems
- Stress-related insomnia
- Low back pain
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Nerve pain
- Soft tissue strains or injuries
- Sports injuries
- Temporomandibular joint discomfort
Apart from the therapeutic benefits for specific ailments or diseases, some people opt for the best massage therapy in Calgary for the sentiments of caring, comfort, and connection that it frequently elicits.
Despite its benefits, massaging is not a substitute for routine medical treatment. Notify your doctor of your intention to try massage and adhere to any standard treatment regimens you may have.
What to expect during a massage treatment?
Massage does not require any specific preparation. Before beginning a massage therapy session, your massage therapist should inquire about any symptoms, the medical history, and your goals for the session. Your massage therapist should describe the type of massage they will do, and the methods used.
You undress or wear loose-fitting clothing for a typical massage treatment session. Dress merely to the point of comfort. Generally, you’ll lie on a table and drape yourself in a sheet. When you undress before the massage, and when you dress following it, your massage therapist will exit the room. You can also have a massage while fully clothed on a chair. Your massage therapist should conduct a touch examination to identify uncomfortable or tight regions and decide the appropriate amount of pressure to apply.
Depending on your choice, your massage therapist may apply oil or lotion on your skin to minimize friction. Inform your massage therapist if you have any known allergies to any of the components.
The best massage therapy in Calgary is available at The Port Physiotherapy and Massage. Each session can take between 30 to 90 minutes, depending on the treatment style and the amount of time available.
Whichever type of massage you select, you should feel peaceful and comfortable throughout and after the session. Maintain a regular breathing pattern throughout the massage.
Finding a massage therapist
Consult your physician or another trusted source for recommendations. Massage therapists are regulated in many states by licensing, registration, or certification regulations.
Do not be hesitant to inquire about a possible massage therapist’s licensing, certification, or registration. In addition, you may ask-
- What education and experience do you possess?
- Do you believe I will require a certain number of massage treatment sessions?
- How much does it cost, and is it covered by insurance?
The Message on Massage
Dispel any notions that massage is merely a pleasurable way to treat or pamper yourself. On the contrary, best massage therapists ensure that the treatment proves to be an effective tool for reclaiming control over one’s health and well-being.
Also Read: Improve Your Life With Physiotherapy: Here Is How It Can Help