What to expect from your visit?
Balance treatment is most effective when performed in an outpatient rehab clinic, although it can also be performed in a hospital or home. If you are looking to get dizziness and concussion treatment at our Calgary clinic, we recommend staying prepared for six to twelve weeks. Sometimes, it is complemented with a regimen of at-home balancing exercises.
Patients with vestibular problems should dress comfortably, as the evaluation will almost certainly entail some reclining and side-to-side movement.
If it gets complicated to identify the root cause of the initial visit, we will recommend further testing. Our concussion clinic in Alberta will accommodate patients visiting us from Airdrie and Chestermere. If necessary for dizziness or vertigo therapy, hearing evaluations and neurological imaging investigations, such as magnetic resonance, can be performed.
What other problems can Physiotherapy resolve?
- Sense of motion or spinning (vertigo)
- Feeling of faintness or lightheadedness (presyncope)
- Loss of balance or unsteadiness
- Falling or feeling like you might fall
- Feeling a floating sensation or dizziness
- Vision changes, such as blurriness
- Motion Sickness